Sign up and join the discussion. Instant Activation Click here to register in a few simple steps.
Sign up and join the discussion. Instant Activation Click here to register in a few simple steps.

Thread Contributor: TheGreatCornholioMy eternal suicide cut
(05-16-2018, 03:21 PM)Gwyn Wrote: How tall are you that your tdee is 2,500?
A little under 6' barefoot.

[Image: 79ff4120-bc36-0132-9a55-0e01949ad350.gif?]
1,200 and 1,100 under the last 2 days.

Today was maintenance day. This was semi-planned. I think I've seen somewhere that if you don't break up the fast 1x every 10 days or so it can cause more hormonal disruptions. I'm not even sure if this is true or just more random BS. I feel like it was a credible source, but the details are gone for me.

49,600 calories to go Smile

Weighing in at a featherweight 75kg here

veins all over my abs

LIFE
IS
GOOD
WHEN
YOU
ARE
ANOREXIC

(jokes my ideal is like 80-85kg 10% bf tbh)

“There comes a time in a man’s life where, if there are no windows or doors, he must walk through a wall.” - Bernard Malamud 
Only 500 deficit yesterday.

The thing is, I'm not even feeling bad, or tired. It's mostly coming down to metal fortitude. I just keep eating when I don't really need to. And eating more than I really need to eat. I could have kept it to 1,000 under. Then I made chicken and quinoa soup with 6oz of chicken. 400 kcals and 60g of protein. Good on a macro front, but bad to eat just to eat. I really don't want to be on a diet for 3+ months, but I will be if I keep going 500 under -_-

49,100 to go.

use dnp or death tbh
(05-21-2018, 11:22 AM)faggotcunt Wrote: use dnp or death tbh
I'm 32 as it is. I'd prefer not to look 40+
DNP is probably worse than tren for visible aging.

Kept it to -900 yesterday.

1,300 kcals total today, so 1,100 deficit assuming I don't eat anything else.

63,000 starting goal:
Down 16,100 from my start.
24 days in.
670/day avg.

Since 5/13 recommitment:
9 days in
8,400 deficit
948/day avg

47,100 to go.

I would do huge deficits like this since I'm used to eating smaller and smaller now but I'm afraid of having loose skin lol. I'm doing my weight loss slowly to not have such bad loose skin.
(05-22-2018, 01:18 AM)laflame Wrote: I would do huge deficits like this since I'm used to eating smaller and smaller now but I'm afraid of having loose skin lol. I'm doing my weight loss slowly to not have such bad loose skin.
My top body fat % is 25%(recently). Only cutting down to 15%. I won't have any loose skin. That's only 17 lbs. I think you need to lose 40+ to get loose skin. And I don't think it's even very bad at 40 lbs(if it happens at all).

However, I never suggest harsh cuts below 15%. You can eat at 1k deficits until 16/17%. But < 15% body fat limits you to 500 or so. until 12% More than that and you start losing muscle. I'm not even too sure about 500 deficits when you get sub 12%. The one and only time I ventured down there, I went -300 from 12% to 9%. I don't suggest this, btw. It was really shitty to do natural. I felt like ass while dieting and even maintaining.

(05-22-2018, 02:38 AM)TheGreatCornholio Wrote: My top body fat % is 25%(recently). Only cutting down to 15%. I won't have any loose skin. That's only 17 lbs. I think you need to lose 40+ to get loose skin. And I don't think it's even very bad at 40 lbs(if it happens at all).

However, I never suggest harsh cuts below 15%. You can eat at 1k deficits until 16/17%. But < 15% body fat limits you to 500 or so. until 12% More than that and you start losing muscle. I'm not even too sure about 500 deficits when you get sub 12%. The one and only time I ventured down there, I went -300 from 12% to 9%. I don't suggest this, btw. It was really shitty to do natural. I felt like ass while dieting and even maintaining.

I'm around 28% at the moment and my goal is around 12%. I'll have to lose quite a bit, I'm 102KG now. I'll probably have some sort of loose skin but I hope it's not as bad as I've seen on some other people. 

Alright I'll keep that in mind thank you.
(05-22-2018, 11:17 AM)laflame Wrote: I'm around 28% at the moment and my goal is around 12%. I'll have to lose quite a bit, I'm 102KG now. I'll probably have some sort of loose skin but I hope it's not as bad as I've seen on some other people. 

Alright I'll keep that in mind thank you.
It's mostly about figuring out what works for you... and maybe just in the moment. I've managed slower cuts in the past, and could never manage 1,000+ deficits. This time, patience was a bigger factor. I'm really not in the mood for a 3-4 month slow cut. I want it over with.

And when I get down to 15%, I'm legit doing monthly measurements and going into a mandatory diet if I approach 20% again. My problem is, I keep leaving my weight hovering just south of 20%. Then I go on a bulk and of course I gain fat. I should have started with a cut, regardless of what I wanted to do. This is the only time I've bulked near 20% and it went very poorly. Gymbros are wrong about a lot of things, but they were right about this one. Bulking at 20% body fat, just means getting fatter with less muscle gain than usual.

(05-22-2018, 01:58 PM)TheGreatCornholio Wrote: It's mostly about figuring out what works for you... and maybe just in the moment. I've managed slower cuts in the past, and could never manage 1,000+ deficits. This time, patience was a bigger factor. I'm really not in the mood for a 3-4 month slow cut. I want it over with.

And when I get down to 15%, I'm legit doing monthly measurements and going into a mandatory diet if I approach 20% again. My problem is, I keep leaving my weight hovering just south of 20%. Then I go on a bulk and of course I gain fat. I should have started with a cut, regardless of what I wanted to do. This is the only time I've bulked near 20% and it went very poorly. Gymbros are wrong about a lot of things, but they were right about this one. Bulking at 20% body fat, just means getting fatter with less muscle gain than usual.

Yup, that's all it is, finding whats best for your own body. Right now I'm going slow, not even counting calories, just eating way smaller than I used to and have cut out all of my snacks. 

Do you find it hard to stick to 15% then? Since you keep going up and up everytime you go down to 15%. Monitoring that will for sure help you out a lot though, as long as you don't let yourself slip and start binge eating unhealthy shit, it should be fairly simple.
(05-22-2018, 03:19 PM)laflame Wrote: Do you find it hard to stick to 15% then?
My whole life, I was about 16-17% body fat. As in when I was 13 years old, or 24 I was right in that range. I think the thinnest I ever got was about 14% and the fattest(before age 26) was about 20%. Then I got fat. Really fat. I maxed out around 30% body fat and I did that in no more than 2 years time.

I'd never weight trained, and I got the brilliant idea to recomp. Well, I got stronger, but I managed a new peak - 32% body fat. I ate a little less without counting calories and went down to 28% or so by fall. For the first time, I started tracking calories. And I cut down slowly on a 500 kcal deficit. I tried more, but I couldn't handle it. I went 13 weeks mostly eating 500 under, and lost about 12lbs of body fat, which was around 7% or so. I was still up at 22% or so. By summer of 2015, I was back down to 16% and so I called off the diet. Then in summer of the same year, I ate too much and went right back over 20%. Probably hit 23-24%. I dropped some fat again, and I've just sort of waffled around 20% for the last 2+ years. Down to 18, up to 22, etc. 

Before I got fat, I could 100% trust my stomach. If I was hungry, I ate. If I wasn't, I didn't. And that worked well. Right up until I got fat. I knew I was over eating. I'd eat when I wasn't hungry. My work schedule shifted and I just couldn't eat the way I had the rest of my life. I knew I was getting fatter too. Though I'd never thought much about it. Like, I knew I was up close to 20 lbs, but in my mind I was thinking "It's only 20 lbs". I had no idea about 3,500 kcals = a pound. How hard it is to lose, or just how much "only" 20 lbs of fat completely destroys your sexual appeal(even in men). Tbh, seeing all of these morbidly obese people lose 50+ lbs in 6 months just made me think "Meh, not a big deal, I can knock it out over a month or two some time". I now know that's not how it works, and I struggled with it a lot more than I expected. None of it was my body, about 90% of the problem was my mind.

Basically, I screwed my hormones up by getting fat and now I can't trust my stomach signals. I'm not working weird hours any more(I mostly work from home). But I've lost my ability to trust my stomach. Maybe if I get down to 15% or so, and stay there for several months, that ability will return. But it may be gone forever. I'm really not sure.

(05-22-2018, 03:46 PM)TheGreatCornholio Wrote: My whole life, I was about 16-17% body fat. As in when I was 13 years old, or 24 I was right in that range. I think the thinnest I ever got was about 14% and the fattest(before age 26) was about 20%. Then I got fat. Really fat. I maxed out around 30% body fat and I did that in no more than 2 years time.

I'd never weight trained, and I got the brilliant idea to recomp. Well, I got stronger, but I managed a new peak - 32% body fat. I ate a little less without counting calories and went down to 28% or so by fall. For the first time, I started tracking calories. And I cut down slowly on a 500 kcal deficit. I tried more, but I couldn't handle it. I went 13 weeks mostly eating 500 under, and lost about 12lbs of body fat, which was around 7% or so. I was still up at 22% or so. By summer of 2015, I was back down to 16% and so I called off the diet. Then in summer of the same year, I ate too much and went right back over 20%. Probably hit 23-24%. I dropped some fat again, and I've just sort of waffled around 20% for the last 2+ years. Down to 18, up to 22, etc. 

Before I got fat, I could 100% trust my stomach. If I was hungry, I ate. If I wasn't, I didn't. And that worked well. Right up until I got fat. I knew I was over eating. I'd eat when I wasn't hungry. My work schedule shifted and I just couldn't eat the way I had the rest of my life. I knew I was getting fatter too. Though I'd never thought much about it. Like, I knew I was up close to 20 lbs, but in my mind I was thinking "It's only 20 lbs". I had no idea about 3,500 kcals = a pound. How hard it is to lose, or just how much "only" 20 lbs of fat completely destroys your sexual appeal(even in men). Tbh, seeing all of these morbidly obese people lose 50+ lbs in 6 months just made me think "Meh, not a big deal, I can knock it out over a month or two some time". I now know that's not how it works, and I struggled with it a lot more than I expected. None of it was my body, about 90% of the problem was my mind.

Basically, I screwed my hormones up by getting fat and now I can't trust my stomach signals. I'm not working weird hours any more(I mostly work from home). But I've lost my ability to trust my stomach. Maybe if I get down to 15% or so, and stay there for several months, that ability will return. But it may be gone forever. I'm really not sure.

That's actually the hardest part about diet in my opinion. Actually knowing how to do it, and how long it takes. That's one of the main reasons I never got into dieting because I just didn't understand, there was so much information to absorb that I had no clue on where to begin. But now at least I'm losing weight slowly, 1kg per week as of now, but will probably be harder later on. 

It should return to be honest, you can't trust your stomach because you keep jumping weights a lot, after you consistently stay at one weight, it will figure everything out imo.
Good work.

I wish I could stay dedicated but im gonna be skinny-fat for life tbh. Never sure if I should bulk or cut so i end up doing jack shit.
1,000 under yesterday, but an unremarkable diet.

1,100 under today. 

I made the hugest salad I've ever attempted. It was a chicken carolina bbq ranch salad, with 3 different kinds of lettuce, carrots, kale, purple cabbage, fat free mozzarella, italian cheese, pico de gallo, cherry tomatoes, and 6 hard boiled eggs. 
800 calories, and weighed 2.4 lbs. 100 grams of protein. 
The ranch was 25 kcal/2 tbsp fat free, and the carolina bbq was 35 kcal/ 2 tbsp.

18,000 down.
45,000 to go.