Sign up and join the discussion. Instant Activation Click here to register in a few simple steps.
Sign up and join the discussion. Instant Activation Click here to register in a few simple steps.

Thread Contributor: laflameWill my University flat floor mates determine my status?
(06-06-2018, 01:36 AM)Crikeymate08 Wrote: Hang with the smart and ambitious kids.
+1 on joining sport clubs. Join clubs. Seriously join a club ASAP. Go to those club rush fairs where they advertise clubs, join a club.

yes to all of this. also look at the ones that aren't sports focused, bonus points if it is a club that gets you in contact with people outside your own faculty. It's also really good for your career, plus you'll learn how to organize events if you join the leadership team. That was useful in every job I've had since.

Unpopular opinion: if you're a nerd and find out in the end that you'd rather join the games soc than the rowing team, embrace it. Its better to be happy and well connected in the games soc than feel resentful and out of place in a sports team. But it's good to challenge yourself and get out of your comfort zone socially.

People to avoid: shut ins with bad study habits. Having a friend group that went to lectures 90% of the time and had better study habits than myself really helped me stick with the course.