Sign up and join the discussion. Instant Activation Click here to register in a few simple steps.
Sign up and join the discussion. Instant Activation Click here to register in a few simple steps.

Thread Contributor: HāfucelHas anybody else developed jaw asymmetry due to asymmetrical taste buds?
This might sound crazy but food just tastes better when I chew on my left side. 

I noticed this after I realised I had an asymmetry in my jaw area. I tried correcting it by chewing more on my right side. That's when I noticed that food just doesn't have as strong a taste when I chew on my right side, which is why I must have been subconsciously chewing way more on my left side during my whole life, because food just tastes better that way. 

I'm now chewing mastic gum every two days on my right side to try to correct the imbalance. 

It sucks because studies have shown that people look more at the right side of your face than at your left. My left side looks more attractive than my right side because of millimetres of difference (left eye area is also more attractive).

It's also one of the reasons why many people think they look OK when looking at the mirror but think they look like shit when they're in pictures or videos. You're used to looking at the left side of your face in the mirror because the image is flipped, then when you see the real you (the same way everyone else perceives you), your brain looks at the right side of your face instead which might not be as attractive as your left.
so you look in mirror on the right side of you (like you look at other people)? because in mirrors I look at the left side and also the left side of my face (which looks better)
(05-08-2018, 02:05 PM)incellord1 Wrote: so you look in mirror on the right side of you (like you look at other people)? because in mirrors I look at the left side and also the left side of my face (which looks better)

Basically what happens is, the right hemisphere of your brain is the one that processes beauty in a face.

When you look at the image of a face, the left side from your perspective (i.e. the right side from the perspective of the dude or chick you're looking at) is the side that falls into the right hemisphere of your brain. 

In the case where you're looking at yourself in a mirror, you're still looking at the left side of the image for your brain's right hemisphere to process the beauty, except that unlike when you are looking at other people, you are not looking at the right side of your face but your left one, which distorts your brain's capacity to accurately capture your true attractiveness level. 

That's why I have so many sperg selfies on my phone. I know that non-inverted pictures are more accurate than looking into a mirror, because non-inverted pictures are what other people see when looking at you.
Fuck man that sucks really bad thats why I look weird on photos 

My left side is my better one and people see my right it’s over
(05-08-2018, 07:03 PM)incellord1 Wrote: Fuck man that sucks really bad thats why I look weird on photos 

My left side is my better one and people see my right it’s over

What kind of asymmetry do you have? 

It might not be very easy to spot just looking at a picture 

If you take a picture completely head-on then open it up with paint, compare your real picture to what you would like if you had a completely symmetrical face by using only the left side of your face and then same thing using only the right side 

Put the three pictures next to each other 

Draw a few lines here and there 

There might be something you can do if it's eyebrows or masseters 

If it's purely only the shape of the eye then idk
(05-08-2018, 10:16 PM)Hāfucel Wrote: What kind of asymmetry do you have? 

It might not be very easy to spot just looking at a picture 

If you take a picture completely head-on then open it up with paint, compare your real picture to what you would like if you had a completely symmetrical face by using only the left side of your face and then same thing using only the right side 

Put the three pictures next to each other 

Draw a few lines here and there 

There might be something you can do if it's eyebrows or masseters 

If it's purely only the shape of the eye then idk
my eyes are not symmetrical and my eyebrows are completely fucked up (even tho fixable I think) 

My chin is asymetric , my jawline is one the left side (my pov) sharper than on the right and my cheeks also more pronounced on the left side 

I don't have a clue about photo editing at all but I can send some pics if you want to
(05-10-2018, 09:08 PM)incellord1 Wrote: my eyes are not symmetrical and my eyebrows are completely fucked up (even tho fixable I think) 

My chin is asymetric , my jawline is one the left side (my pov) sharper than on the right and my cheeks also more pronounced on the left side 

I don't have a clue about photo editing at all but I can send some pics if you want to

Try minox for eyebrows in order to grow new hairs to work on and do to precise plucking to try to make them symmetrical and make your right eyebrow look more like your left one. Other than minox try a mix of 3~5% peppermint extract oil, ~30% castor oil and the rest as jojoba oil every night. 

Plucking is extremely difficult. One wrong hair plucked and it ruins everything. Pluck too much and make it look too "perfect" and you end up looking like a tranny. You need to find the right balance for it to look masculine yet GL.

Masculine eyebrows = straight (no arch), horizontal, low set, dark, dense, relatively thick

I take a new picture before every single hair plucked and only pluck a hair after double / triple / quadruple checking that it's probably a good move to do... Sounds autistic but yeah you gotta be careful. 

Minox is bad for your skin so make sure you skinmax when using it. 

For jaw asymmetry try Chios Mastic gum and see if that gives you any improvement.

The photo editing I was talking about is pretty easy to do, with paint you just crop half your face, copy and paste it, invert (mirror image) the selection, then place it on the other side of your face and you have a completely symmetrical face using one side. Then you do the same thing using the other side of your face. Then you compare them together and compare your two symmetrical faces with your real face and it becomes very easy to spot imbalances.
(05-10-2018, 11:04 PM)Hāfucel Wrote: Try minox for eyebrows in order to grow new hairs to work on and do to precise plucking to try to make them symmetrical and make your right eyebrow look more like your left one. Other than minox try a mix of 3~5% peppermint extract oil, ~30% castor oil and the rest as jojoba oil every night. 

Plucking is extremely difficult. One wrong hair plucked and it ruins everything. Pluck too much and make it look too "perfect" and you end up looking like a tranny. You need to find the right balance for it to look masculine yet GL.

Masculine eyebrows = straight (no arch), horizontal, low set, dark, dense, relatively thick

I take a new picture before every single hair plucked and only pluck a hair after double / triple / quadruple checking that it's probably a good move to do... Sounds autistic but yeah you gotta be careful. 

Minox is bad for your skin so make sure you skinmax when using it. 

For jaw asymmetry try Chios Mastic gum and see if that gives you any improvement.

The photo editing I was talking about is pretty easy to do, with paint you just crop half your face, copy and paste it, invert (mirror image) the selection, then place it on the other side of your face and you have a completely symmetrical face using one side. Then you do the same thing using the other side of your face. Then you compare them together and compare your two symmetrical faces with your real face and it becomes very easy to spot imbalances.
Do you noticed more dense with the oil mix? I tried 1 month Vaseline with no improvement and right now using pure castor oil. your oil mix sounds like it can be used for some beard gains too 
I think I will stay away from minox first since as you mentation it can give you bad skin 

Yeah I think I should get into plucking I used always a eyebrow styler (its like a razor) but its not that precise.

I used to chew a lot in the last few months but I get bloated of it don't know if its helps at all since you get the sharp jawline look from the bone and not the muscles right?. For example I think mike mew looks like a chipmunk because of the big jaw muscles
just have good genetics simple as that

[Image: david-gandy-attends-the-aerodrome-collec...d950834660]
Vince

[Image: N2tmlxa.jpg]
(05-12-2018, 10:40 AM)incellord1 Wrote: Do you noticed more dense with the oil mix? I tried 1 month Vaseline with no improvement and right now using pure castor oil. your oil mix sounds like it can be used for some beard gains too 
I think I will stay away from minox first since as you mentation it can give you bad skin 

Yeah I think I should get into plucking I used always a eyebrow styler (its like a razor) but its not that precise.

I used to chew a lot in the last few months but I get bloated of it don't know if its helps at all since you get the sharp jawline look from the bone and not the muscles right?. For example I think mike mew looks like a chipmunk because of the big jaw muscles

Because I use both the oils and minox, I don't know how much each of them contribute to my eyebrow gains, but photographic evidence shows that my eyebrows have indeed become darker and denser. 

Idk about the bloated thing, I just wanted my right to look more like my left which it does now so that's cool. Better to be bloated on both sides than bloated on one side aight.