Sign up and join the discussion. Instant Activation Click here to register in a few simple steps.
Sign up and join the discussion. Instant Activation Click here to register in a few simple steps.

Thread Contributor: Pencil_Neck_ChadRibcagemaxxing
Just curious due to my ceaseless pursuit of frauding genetic perfection. I have a decently wide clavicles, good height, and decent fat distribution, but my hips are wider than I’d like them to be. They aren’t birthing hips by any means, and they wouldn’t look out of place on a man with a built upper body, but due to my ectomorphic small ribcage of peace, it affects my overall aesthetics. Is there any way to increase the overall size of my torso without getting fat, like would deadlifts work to add significant size there (specifically width) or is that a meme? Should I just blast GH and acquire ideal gut? I wouldn’t mind looking kind of boxy, just straight up and down, especially due to my frame being acceptable enough to still give me something of a v-taper at that point.

Lebensmüde
should have swimmingmaxxed in school

[Image: N2tmlxa.jpg]
(06-10-2018, 02:30 PM)Pencil_Neck_Chad Wrote:  ceaseless pursuit of frauding genetic perfection

Grimes 

truly my lost twin

(06-10-2018, 02:49 PM)forever_incel Wrote: should have swimmingmaxxed in school

If u not gone say nun helpful den don’t say nun at all mayne
(06-10-2018, 04:10 PM)OVOChad Wrote: Grimes 

truly my lost twin

If u not gone say nun helpful den don’t say nun at all mayne

extremely legit

also don’t mind the gynocel, he’s been a little delusional ever since @Vitriol rejected him

Lebensmüde
(06-10-2018, 04:22 PM)Pencil_Neck_Chad Wrote: extremely legit

also don’t mind the gynocel, he’s been a little delusional ever since @Vitriol rejected him

gynocel

Nic2
(06-10-2018, 04:22 PM)Pencil_Neck_Chad Wrote: extremely legit

Grimes

almost spilled my drink and emptied all my bodily fluids

[Image: N2tmlxa.jpg]
(06-10-2018, 04:48 PM)forever_incel Wrote: Grimes

almost spilled my drink and emptied all my bodily fluids

But not inside vitriol

Absolutely brutal

Lebensmüde
there's no such thing as "ribcagemaxxing", you're stuck with what you have

why run a race when it's rigged and you're fixed in last

[Image: 2ba24d00f98875d922c47afcc0a74fda.png]
(06-10-2018, 05:15 PM)uglyboy Wrote: there's no such thing as "ribcagemaxxing", you're stuck with what you have

I understand that increasing the size of the ribcage isn’t feasible, I’m referring to frauding it  through muscle development

Lebensmüde
Don't deadlift.

Seriously, don't.

It is an aesthetic killer. It develops your Obliques, which is a muscle group you want to develop as little as possible, because it thickens your waist.

What you're looking for is lower lat development. And even though I know all of the gym monkeys want to tell you to never touch a machine, machines are superior for back development. There is NO barbell exercise that can target only your back as well as machines. And that includes the cable pull down machine. The cable variant is inferior to the super common Life Fitness lat pulldown machines like this

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Beyond that are ones like this
[Image: back-exercises-on-a-seated-row-machine-s...721325.jpg]

This
[Image: p_12030_1.png]

And this
[Image: lat-pull-train1.jpg]

I do zero free weight exercises for lats, and I don't recommend them. Yes, things like squats will use your lats, but they are not primarily lat exercises.

I only do free weights for traps and rear delts. Not for lats.

Your school gym should have some. I also highly suggest Planet Fitness specifically because they have better back machines than 90% of bro gyms. Plus your black cards lets you bring a guest+massage chairs. Handy for gym dates.

TransistorBass-303 Wrote:I need Fat Acceptance because the alternative is self improvement.

(06-10-2018, 06:05 PM)TheGreatCornholio Wrote: Don't deadlift.

Seriously, don't.

It is an aesthetic killer. It develops your Obliques, which is a muscle group you want to develop as little as possible, because it thickens your waist.

What you're looking for is lower lat development. And even though I know all of the gym monkeys want to tell you to never touch a machine, machines are superior for back development. There is NO barbell exercise that can target only your back as well as machines. And that includes the cable pull down machine. The cable variant is inferior to the super common Life Fitness lat pulldown machines like this

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Beyond that are ones like this
[Image: back-exercises-on-a-seated-row-machine-s...721325.jpg]

This
[Image: p_12030_1.png]

And this
[Image: lat-pull-train1.jpg]

I do zero free weight exercises for lats, and I don't recommend them. Yes, things like squats will use your lats, but they are not primarily lat exercises.

I only do free weights for traps and rear delts. Not for lats.

Your school gym should have some. I also highly suggest Planet Fitness specifically because they have better back machines than 90% of bro gyms. Plus your black cards lets you bring a guest+massage chairs. Handy for gym dates.

Fuck time to rewrite my trainings plan 
Do you recommend to do squats? 
And what else I can do to compensate for not doing deadlifts?
(06-10-2018, 08:15 PM)incellord1 Wrote: Fuck time to rewrite my trainings plan 
Do you recommend to do squats? 
And what else I can do to compensate for not doing deadlifts?
Rack pulls do most of the upper body work, while being nicer on your lower back and obliques. Even Romanian deadlifts will be easier.

Squats are good. They will strengthen your obliques a little, but I doubt it would even add 1/2" to your waist. They're worth it. Beware of almost any ab program though. They almost universally suggest oblique work, which looks terrible unless you're naked and 8% body fat.

TransistorBass-303 Wrote:I need Fat Acceptance because the alternative is self improvement.

(06-10-2018, 08:30 PM)TheGreatCornholio Wrote: Rack pulls do most of the upper body work, while being nicer on your lower back and obliques. Even Romanian deadlifts will be easier.

Squats are good. They will strengthen your obliques a little, but I doubt it would even add 1/2" to your waist. They're worth it. Beware of almost any ab program though. They almost universally suggest oblique work, which looks terrible unless you're naked and 8% body fat.
So you don’t need to train you lower back specially?

Okay yeah right now I don’t do any abs workout
(06-10-2018, 08:34 PM)incellord1 Wrote: So you don’t need to train you lower back specially?

Okay yeah right now I don’t do any abs workout
For aesthetics? No. You can over train your lower back. Things like squats will develop your lower back by plenty.

Now for health reasons... yeah probably. Your lower back can get weak/incorrectly developed and it causes a lot of problems in old age. But TBH, I know almost nothing about how to fix that. I know you can, but I'm focused on what I need now more than what I need in 20 years.

If you're interested in developing an ideal lower back, find someone on youtube or elsewhere that's a physical therapist and into Tai Chi. They'll have good tips.

Forever_incels nipples are huge 
I wouldn’t have nipples that big if I took legit estro 

Summer is hitting New York hard, forcing foreverincel to remain inside his house to hide the gyno

"Your genes are pretty fucked up I'll tell you that," a poster with an anime avatar told the teen point blank."
dumbbell pullovers
(06-10-2018, 06:05 PM)TheGreatCornholio Wrote: Don't deadlift.

Seriously, don't.

Call me crazy but that’s kind of what I want

As it stands, my medium hips and tiny waist give me a slight hourglass shape, looks feminine af. I’d rather thicken my waist and look boxy than have an hourglass figure lol

Good advice on the back machines, preaching truth there

Lebensmüde
(06-11-2018, 12:23 AM)Pencil_Neck_Chad Wrote: Call me crazy but that’s kind of what I want

As it stands, my medium hips and tiny waist give me a slight hourglass shape, looks feminine af.
[Image: steve-reeves.jpg]

Tongue

(06-11-2018, 12:33 AM)TheGreatCornholio Wrote: [Image: steve-reeves.jpg]

Tongue

He was literally a god in his prime holy shit

Golden era bodybuilding will always be superior

Lebensmüde
(06-10-2018, 10:04 PM)TheGreatCornholio Wrote: For aesthetics? No. You can over train your lower back. Things like squats will develop your lower back by plenty.

Now for health reasons... yeah probably. Your lower back can get weak/incorrectly developed and it causes a lot of problems in old age. But TBH, I know almost nothing about how to fix that. I know you can, but I'm focused on what I need now more than what I need in 20 years.

If you're interested in developing an ideal lower back, find someone on youtube or elsewhere that's a physical therapist and into Tai Chi. They'll have good tips.

How is your split looking like? Right now I am doing upper/lower 4x Peer week 
With upper a,upper b, lower a, lower b

So I do squats at lower a and deadlifts at lower b