Sign up and join the discussion. Instant Activation Click here to register in a few simple steps.
Sign up and join the discussion. Instant Activation Click here to register in a few simple steps.

Thread Contributor: VitriolProgesterone and hair regrowth/anti-aging
Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been posting on here a lot. Overwhelmed by a lot of things.

I was talking to someone from a roid forum and he reckons that supplementing with provera gave him the hair of a pregnant woman, it's anti-aging and it's non-feminizing. He said it reduces dht without all the effects of fin/dut (lol, whatever he deemed them to be).

@TheGreatCornholio any thought on this? I told him
"wouldn't you get gyno"
He said "no it's not estrogen"

“There comes a time in a man’s life where, if there are no windows or doors, he must walk through a wall.” - Bernard Malamud 
I feel like I posted about progesterone probably playing a larger role than estrogen in hair protection. Unsure of anti-aging benefits. It is what gives pregnant women great looking skin.

I don't remember why I stopped looking into it any more, but I decided it was not something I would use. I think I determined it probably doesn't work topically, and has a lot of problems when taking it systemically. I'm pretty sure extended use alters brain chemistry and actually changes the way your brain is shaped and wired, but I don't remember the details at all any more.

(Yesterday, 02:59 AM)Vitriol Wrote: He broke her heart and she broke his HTPA.

(05-15-2018, 01:49 PM)TheGreatCornholio Wrote: I feel like I posted about progesterone probably playing a larger role than estrogen in hair protection. Unsure of anti-aging benefits. It is what gives pregnant women great looking skin.

I don't remember why I stopped looking into it any more, but I decided it was not something I would use. I think I determined it probably doesn't work topically, and has a lot of problems when taking it systemically. I'm pretty sure extended use alters brain chemistry and actually changes the way your brain is shaped and wired, but I don't remember the details at all any more.

That's interesting, I'll do more research.

Do you think you can grow tits on it? I was thinking just like you can get gyno from nandrolone steroids irrespective of estrogen (because of progesterone) you could theoretically get gyno by taking oral prog. It only makes sense right?

“There comes a time in a man’s life where, if there are no windows or doors, he must walk through a wall.” - Bernard Malamud 
(05-16-2018, 02:22 AM)Vitriol Wrote: Do you think you can grow tits on it?
Literal tits, I doubt. But a gyno flare is a maybe. The thing is, I'm not even so sure the AAS said to cause progesterone gyno is certainly caused by progesterone. It might be, but I don't think it's based on any science at all. I'm pretty sure it's just ancient steroid lore.

(Yesterday, 02:59 AM)Vitriol Wrote: He broke her heart and she broke his HTPA.

(05-16-2018, 02:45 AM)TheGreatCornholio Wrote: Literal tits, I doubt. But a gyno flare is a maybe. The thing is, I'm not even sosure the AAS said to cause progesterone gyno is certainly caused by progesterone. It might be, but I don't think it's based on any science at all. I'm pretty sure it's just ancient steroid lore.

Interesting. I've learned to talk a lot of steroid forums with a bucket of salt.