Sign up and join the discussion. Instant Activation Click here to register in a few simple steps.
Sign up and join the discussion. Instant Activation Click here to register in a few simple steps.

Thread Contributor: ChangeHow to find good Surgeons? (+Medigo.com coaching service)
Information 
Hi there

How do you go about finding which Surgeons / Clinics to go to worldwide? 

I found http://www.medigo.com

It is a website with clinics worldwide and some ratings.
They also offer personal assistence of a human being to choose clinic, and which arranges all the dates and hotel for you, 
for only 50 bucks. Sounds good actually. 
But i wonder how much these guys really know about quality of veneer-making. 

http://pages.medigo.com/en/pricing/clinic_assistance-2/

Right now i am looking for a place to get veneers.

I am in Austria. 
Hungary is supposed to be very good quality and cheap in dentistry stuff. 

On Medigo i also saw:
- Hospitals in Philippines
- Clinics in Thailand
This is also very interesting, cause i want to go there for holiday anyway. 

Best case for a procedure is when there is a forum around that procedure. Eg there is a german hair-transplant forum with veterans and stuff who gave good advise and lots of people talking about their thinking where to go, and before and after pics and people talking about these before and after pics - that's great. 
But i guess by far the most procedures don't have forums unfortunately. Eg Veneers, i didn't find anything. 

Are there other general forums about plastic surgery & co?

How do you go about finding surgeons/clinics?

theres missj's forum, but im pretty sure shes still got most of it behind a paywall

TO ANYONE WHO DOUBT MY WORD TRY GALENIKA TESTOSTERONA AND SEE FOR YOURSELF,,LEGIT TESTOSTERONA OF HIGH QUALITY POWEDER DOESNT LEAVE YOU NO OPTIONS ,,YOU HAVE TO JACK OFF ,,YOU HAVE TO JERK OFF NOT IFS NTO BUTS,, YOU RUN TO THE SHOWER GET IN SIDE AND HAVE TO IMAGINE IN YOUR HEAD THE LAST WHORE YOU SAW IN THE MALL THAT WAS DRESS SLUTTY AND HAD HER NIPPLES ALL SHOWING THROUGH THE SHIRT...AND TOES WERE DONE NICELY,, 
(02-24-2018, 07:53 PM)Change Wrote: Hungary is supposed to be very good quality and cheap in dentistry stuff. 
Interesting. Never heard this.

Quote:On Medigo i also saw:

- Hospitals in Philippines
Don't get dental work here from what I've heard. Dental schools in the Philippines are almost like trade schools from what I understand. They're cheap, but also very poor quality.

[Image: 79ff4120-bc36-0132-9a55-0e01949ad350.gif?]
Ok, i got some research done regarding where to get veneers. 
I am Austrian / Europe based. 

I was looking for some doctor who: 
Specialices on Veneers
Preferably in a country that makes the whole thing cheap

All the cheap countries say that
- they use the same exact materials as in usa/Europe, also same education of the doctors
- just lower wages and rent and that’s why they are so much cheaper

I don’t know how many veneers a full smile needs, 6-10 I guess. 8 teeth are visible when I smile, so I guess 8. 

COUNTRIES

USA: if you have unlimited money you probably go there to some super-priciest doctor who does celebs or whatever, probably placed in LA. 
Probably priciest and best. 

Germany, munich: 
Found a guy that advertises doing great veneers and I think it’s very believable, 
Munich is the place the richest germans live and 
Surely super-pricey. 
Good thing: It’s a 2 hour train ride. 
About 1000-1200 euros per tooth

Hungary: 
Dentistry work less than half the price of Germany
About 300euros per tooth

People from Germany, Austria, swiss, Ireland, UK go there to get their dental work done -> mostly implants. 
Now question was, they are surely great at implants, are they also good at Veneers? 

Thailand: 
All the australiens go there. 
So massive amount of information who good doctors are -> i am in process of reading all. 
About 350 euros per tooth

The big plus: It’s Thailand. I want to go there anyway, so the time and money for flight and rent is no added cost. 
My current favorite. 
Con: Making dental work literally at the other side of the world

-----

Ok, this https://gcr.org rating site seems legit

Thailand: 
[Image: ZEH4BbO.png]
this https://healthyim.com/en/hospital/ website also ranks Bangkok international dental center first

Philippines: 
[Image: Q3iRzJb.png]
Gerochi Dental & Implant Center is at Makati, that’s good. They also have more reviews than the tooth & go. 

So… philipinnes have a little bit better rating, 
but Thailand much more ratings

Hungary has also the first clinic at 4.7
Germany seems weak, best is just 3.6
Austria starts with 3.8
USA has 4.5 first one

Its’s a bit weird, like the first 3 in every country are near top score 5, then the next ones are often already in the 3-area. They write they have 120 000 dental clinics in their data base.And they have eg 50 – 1800 reviews on certain clinics. How the hell does this site get reviews of patients? 

Ok, worldwide search: These best dental clinics on this site, starting at 4.9 but most are 4.6
Croatia 4.9
India
Poland
Philippines
Hungary
Hungary
Croatia
Philippines
Poland
Lebanon
Turkey
Vietnam
Thailand 4.6

---

I want to travel to Philippines or Thailand anyway. And they seem to have great and cheap doctors. 
So I guess I will chose from these 2 facilities:

Thailand: Bangkok International Dental Center
Philippines: Gerochi Dental & Implant Center in Makati City

Hm. Both have in-house dental laboratory with cad-cam system. 
But Gerochi Philippines is basically only one doctor, while Bangkok Center is a 6 store building with about 6 doctors I think. I guess it does not make a difference but somehow I feel more secure going into a bigger ‘center’. 
Sent them both some questions.

(02-27-2018, 01:25 AM)Change Wrote: They write they have 120 000 dental clinics in their data base.And they have eg 50 – 1800 reviews on certain clinics. How the hell does this site get reviews of patients? 
They make them up 100%

[Image: cYHcS3V.jpg]
[Image: bIHo1Yg.jpg]

No way this site has dozens of times as many reviews as Yelp or Google+

Comparison to this site
[Image: wEYdNJo.jpg]

Now that I've got braces, I'm looking into tooth work a lot more. Learning about gum contouring was huge(always get laser removal do not even consider a gingevectomy).

But it still doesn't fully address my particular issue. My smile is too narrow, and apparently the best way to fix that is with veneers. I need braces for now to fix alignment. Afterwards, I need gum contouring to level out my gums. Especially #7-10(though 3-4 will benefit as well). 

What I've learned about veneers is that you really, really need to follow the 4-8-10 rule. A lot of people get 6 veneers and this is always a bad idea.
See here
[Image: Matthew_Perry_6_ugly_veneers.jpg]

5-6 is where they start to build your teeth out. But 5-6 need to match up with 7-8 and 9-10(assuming your smile is wide enough to show 9-10). You can generally do 1-4 without making things look weird. 1-4 only will usually be an improvement. You can then follow up with 5-10 at a later point in time. 5-10 require building the tooth out, and doing it improperly can cause gum recession.

My newly fresh and shiny plan is to get 1-4 done when I go to Turkey for my HT and Lipo. It should only run about $1,600-2,200. I will save 5-10 for American orthos. In essence, almost any idiot can do 1-4, but 5-10 require a much more competent ortho.

Further there are three ways to do veneers. The traditional way that requires deep prep and a lot of tooth shaving. This is the worst way, though it's also by far the most common. The more modern way is either minimal prep, or no prep. From what I've seen, no prep is actually inferior to minimal prep. Orthos mostly offer it to placate concerns about tooth shaving, but I see much, much higher incidents of problems with no prep versus min prep.

So in conclusion, you want minimal prep veneers on either 4, 8, or 10 teeth - not 6. And while price shopping is great for 1-4, ortho quality should be a much higher priority for 5-10.

(05-16-2018, 01:53 AM)TheGreatCornholio Wrote: Now that I've got braces, I'm looking into tooth work a lot more. Learning about gum contouring was huge(always get laser removal do not even consider a gingevectomy).

But it still doesn't fully address my particular issue. My smile is too narrow, and apparently the best way to fix that is with veneers. I need braces for now to fix alignment. Afterwards, I need gum contouring to level out my gums. Especially #7-10(though 3-4 will benefit as well). 

What I've learned about veneers is that you really, really need to follow the 4-8-10 rule. A lot of people get 6 veneers and this is always a bad idea.
See here
[Image: Matthew_Perry_6_ugly_veneers.jpg]

5-6 is where they start to build your teeth out. But 5-6 need to match up with 7-8 and 9-10(assuming your smile is wide enough to show 9-10). You can generally do 1-4 without making things look weird. 1-4 only will usually be an improvement. You can then follow up with 5-10 at a later point in time. 5-10 require building the tooth out, and doing it improperly can cause gum recession.

My newly fresh and shiny plan is to get 1-4 done when I go to Turkey for my HT and Lipo. It should only run about $1,600-2,200. I will save 5-10 for American orthos. In essence, almost any idiot can do 1-4, but 5-10 require a much more competent ortho.

Further there are three ways to do veneers. The traditional way that requires deep prep and a lot of tooth shaving. This is the worst way, though it's also by far the most common. The more modern way is either minimal prep, or no prep. From what I've seen, no prep is actually inferior to minimal prep. Orthos mostly offer it to placate concerns about tooth shaving, but I see much, much higher incidents of problems with no prep versus min prep.

So in conclusion, you want minimal prep veneers on either 4, 8, or 10 teeth - not 6. And while price shopping is great for 1-4, ortho quality should be a much higher priority for 5-10.

alternatively

you could stop being a lazy fuck and get jaw surgery and request SARPE in order to get a wider smile.

[Image: david-gandy-attends-the-aerodrome-collec...d950834660]
(05-16-2018, 03:17 PM)Gwyn Wrote: you could stop being a lazy fuck and get jaw surgery and request SARPE in order to get a wider smile.
SARPE doesn't appeal to me. As for the BSSO, I'm laying the ground work to get it covered by insurance. It's not a quick process if you want to ensure you get it covered.

(05-17-2018, 12:04 AM)TheGreatCornholio Wrote: SARPE doesn't appeal to me. As for the BSSO, I'm laying the ground work to get it covered by insurance. It's not a quick process if you want to ensure you get it covered.

i need sarpe asap gandy 

as well as a lefort 3 

but thats beside the point

[Image: david-gandy-attends-the-aerodrome-collec...d950834660]